The Fresnel lens was invented by the French physicist Augustin.Fresnel, who first used this lens in 1822 to design a glass Fresnel lens system - the lighthouse lens.
The Fresnel Lens is a fine structure of the optical components, from the front to see it like a dart plate, by a ring of concentric circles.
Compared to conventional spherical lenses, the Fresnel lens achieves the same optical effect by dividing the lens into a series of theoretically numerous concentric circles, while saving the amount of material used.
In the first and largest variants of this lens, each ring is actually a different prism from each other.
Although the Fresnel lens may look like a separate glass, but a careful examination will find that he is composed of many tiny flake structure.
After the advent of modern CNC machine tools, the use of monolithic glass production Fresnel lens has become a reality, and the birth of optical plastic also makes the Fresnel lens production easier.
It is because of these lines, the overall thickness of the lens is reduced; the Fresnel lens is actually a continuous convex lens continuous surface is cut for a section of curvature of the discontinuous surface, because the surface is divided very fine, so look Like a circle of lips.
In fact, the Fresnel lens can be regarded as a series of prisms arranged in a ring, with the edges being sharper and the center being smoother.
The Fresnel lens design allows for a significant reduction in lens thickness and weight and volume, but at the expense of reduced imaging quality, which is why precision imaging instruments such as monocular cameras and digital cameras still use traditional bulky lenses.
Fresnel lenses are often made of glass or plastic, and in most cases they are very thin and flat, and have toughness, about 3-5 mm thick.
Fresnel lenses can be used in a number of areas, including:
Projection display: Fresnel projection TV, rear projection Fresnel screen, overhead projector, collimator
Spotlight: solar Fresnel lens, photography with Fresnel spotlight, Fresnel magnifying glass
Air navigation: Lighthouse with Fresnel lens, Fresnel flight simulation
Scientific research: laser detection system
Infrared detection: passive motion detectors
Lighting optics: car headlights, traffic signs, optical landing system.
* My fresnel lenses arrive FASTER from you overseas than from my other supplier in the USA. I get a higher quality product at a lower price. Steven (United States)
* I received the fresnel lens today! I am very happy! Quality is superb!!!! Jean (France)
* Excellent fresnel lens recieved once again! your fresnel lense are still going very well. Liam (United Kingdom)
* I have just received the fresnel lens I ordered last week. Your service is extremely fast and efficient. Mark (Australia)
* Thank for your excellent, reliable service. The fresnel lens quality is the best I've found anywhere. Nurhadi (Australia)
* The Fresnel lenses are excellent, they appear to be top quality. Paul (England)
* Thank you much for the fresnel lenses, they are the best I have seen. Liam (UK)
* WOW!! That was a very prompt shipment! I received my #A260 fresnel lenses a week after I ordered! And they work beautifully!! Dianne (Montreal, Canada)
* I received the fresnel lenses in perfect condition .. Extremely fast delivery, great quality and cool effect. Troels (Denmark)
* I got your #F550 fresnel lens and other lenses yesterday. I installed it in my DIY LCD projector, and the image looks great! Thanks for selling this fresnel lens at such a reasonable price! John Hatlestad (USA)
* I've got my fresnel lense #F550 today. I'm so happy because the order arrived so unexpectedly fast! The fresnel lens looks good... Radoslaw (Poland)
* Thank you for the fast delivery. This fresnel lens #F550 by far is the best I've seen and worked with to date in the hobby of LCD projector building. Gary Cooper (Australia)
* ... I am very satisfied with the quality #A395 large fresnel lens and the shipment was very fast. After I ordered, it took only one week until the lenses arrived. Jan (Germany)
* #A310a fresnel lens arrived this morning in perfect condition, the lightning speed you guys attended to my inquiries. Tua (New Zealand)
* I have received my #A395 large fresnel lenses and am impressed with their quality Jim (Canada)
* ... I am very satisfied with the quality, thank you! I'm using the fresnel lens for TV projection, and I got a better result from #A260 large fresnel lens. Rodrigo (Brazil)